Thursday, October 11, 2012

Prof Achebe's memoirs...blogger's perspective

I was tempted to join the fray concerning Chinua Achebe's latest book, "There Was A Country: A Personal History of Biafra".  But was fascinated by the piece by my friend and former colleague, Ufoma Egbamuno. I have been opportune to read the first chapter and already salivating to devour the entire ala carte.
 My worry, however is the outburst by people over Achebe's mention on Yoruba's political god (apologies to Ayodele Obajeun) on his role in the civil war. Why I refuse to write for or against anyone, I was so excited to read Ufoma's article on his blog. And i want to advice those fanning the embers of disunity to read it, so that we can move forward as people.

And like he said let's look at meritocracy not mediocrity of what Achebe memoirs is all about.
Happy reading...
http://ufuomaegbamuno.blogspot.com/2012/10/nigeria-and-much-ado-about-nothing-my_6015.html   

No comments: